Melissa qualified as a solicitor in June 2012 and has spent her formative years at a well-known London law firm advising ultra-high net worth individuals and families in relation to private client matters. In particular:
- Advising on offshore structures
- Multi-jurisdictional trusts and succession planning
- Advising on areas of UK immigration and the relocation process, including minimising UK tax exposure for non-domiciled individuals who wish to move to the UK
- Establishing charities. Working closely with Directors of leading arts, philosophical and environmental charities
- Latterly, Melissa helped set up and run the law firm’s multi-family office business
Melissa is also a member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, (STEP).